We are here to solve problems not make problems.

Woman uses unknowing ex boyfriends sperm to have kids suit says

Connecticut Family Lawyer

posted in Child Support

on Thursday, December 8, 2011.

In an unusual family law case that may pique the interest of many in Connecticut, one man is now alleging that his ex-girlfriend stole his sperm without his knowledge from condoms they used during intercourse and used it to get pregnant. According to reports, the 36-year-old man had a six-month relationship with a 34-year-old woman. When she told him that she was pregnant, he was surprised.

Originally, he did not believe that the children were his, but after they were born, a paternity test was performed. The test showed that he was, in fact, the father of the newborn twins. He thought the pregnancy was simply accidental and began paying child support.

Last February, however, the man received a receipt from a sperm cryopreservation clinic in the mail. He confronted the mother of his children, who had apparently been taking the semen in the condoms they were using during their relationship to a sperm clinic. At the clinic, the woman used his sperm for an in-vitro fertilization procedure. The procedure worked. The clinic reportedly assumed the two were married, and allowed the woman to use his sperm without his consent.

The man is now suing his ex-girlfriend for her behavior. According to the father, she only got pregnant because she wanted to stay in their home. The man told her she had to move out when the relationship ended. Because of the unexpected pregnancy, the man also had to pay child support for both children at $800 a month. He now shares joint custody of the 4-year-old twins. It will be interesting to see how this case turns out.

Source: Fox News, “Man Says Ex-Girlfriend Stole His Sperm to Create Kids,” Nov. 27, 2011

Tags: child custody, child support, family law

When a marriage ends, the changes begin,

Unpaid child support may have led to car chase with police,

Connecticut family struggles to regain custody of their children,

Ex-wife heading to Israel asks for change in custody

Get Help Today

Use the form below to send an email to the Piazza, Simmons & Grant